SIS: COVID-19 Update
SIS recognise that Coronavirus will have a big impact upon social enterprises and communities across Scotland. We also know that the role that social enterprises, charities and community groups play in local and national communities is only likely to grow in the coming weeks. However, we acknowledge that this will be against a challenging and changing background.
We want to reassure you that we will do whatever we can to support you in the coming weeks and months. Here are some things to note:
- We remain open for business. Whilst we might have to work in slightly different ways, SIS will remain open for as long as we are able to. Every member of our team can and will work from home should this prove necessary.
- We have money available to invest. As is always the case, we have access to millions of pounds of capital to support social enterprises, charities and community groups across Scotland. This will not change as a result of the current situation.
- We can be flexible with your loan repayments. If you are a current customer of SIS, we will be in touch with you soon to discuss how the current situation might be impacting upon you. Social investment is always a flexible form of finance and we will be as flexible as we can be to support you over the coming weeks and months.
- We will continue to work in partnership. Across Scotland, funders and partners will continue to work together to support social enterprises. If you need help with something then please ask us.
- We are looking at other ways in which we might be able to support. We are exploring how we might create a special fund to support your working capital needs as a result of the Coronavirus. We will share more about this as soon as we can.
You can also find the ‘COVID-19: Our Support & Commitment’ Statement from Social Investors here.