Enterprising opportunities with real impact.
SIS Ventures Investment ManagerRead more
Full time, Flexible £45k plus benefits
SIS Ventures (“SISV”) is key to Social Investment Scotland’s strategic ambition and this role is an exciting opportunity to play an important part in the growth of mission-driven businesses in Scotland. This is a new role that will report into the SIS Ventures Lead Fund Manager.
SISV has already deployed the first raise of its first fund, Impact First. These investments, largely equity backed by investor (EIS) tax relief, have contributed to the growth plans of 8 mission-driven businesses. Our ‘lead impact investor’ approach has proven popular with investors and entrepreneurs alike and the new SIS Ventures Investment Manager will play a key role in taking this activity to the next level. This is expected to include:
- Managing a portfolio of existing and new investments including attendance at investee Board meetings;
- Supporting the SIS V team, SIS leadership team and SIS V board with further fundraising for SIS V activity;
- Making follow-on and new investments including carrying out social, financial, management, technical and legal due diligence; presenting at Investment Committee; and managing the legal documentation process;
- Contributing to the entrepreneurial ecosystem and pipeline development; and
- Contributing to the design and development of market building activity to support the growth of the mission-driven enterprise space in Scotland.
Click here for the full SISV Investment Manager role profile.
At SIS we use a blind selection process via our partners at Be Applied. Click here for details on how to apply
Closing Date – January 31st. Interviews are currently scheduled for the weeks commencing the 8th and 15th of February.
Communications AssistantRead more
Part-time, £20k pro rata (21 Hours), Temporary (5 months parental leave cover, March to July 2021)
Having recently released our new strategy, SIS requires a proactive and talented Communications Assistant,
passionate about social aims, to join our team and support in achieving SIS’s ambitious goals. SIS activity spans
loan and equity investment, market building (webinars, workshops, expert support and events) and influencing
those around us to operate with responsible business practices. The Communications Assistant will ensure SIS
articulates our offering, engaging with target audiences through our digital presence and particularly SIS
websites and social media channels.
This is a broad communications role delivered by the Communications Assistant working with the SIS
Communications Manager and other SIS colleagues. The Communications Assistant is responsible for:
• Social Media planning and execution across all SIS channels.
• Producing simple graphics appropriate for social media, events and survey software (for example Canva,
• Updating SIS websites ensuring all content is relevant, up to date and supports the SIS mission.
• Proactively monitoring SIS’s presence on partners’ websites ensuring content is relevant and up to date.
• Assisting in the design and delivery of the SIS monthly newsletter (Mailchimp) and other publications.
• Assist in offline promotion of SIS activities as required.
• Assist in collation of impact information, including report data and case studies, and other adhoc
requests that support the SIS team.
What we’re looking for
• Social media experience and know-how (Hootsuite, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram to date).
• General tech fluency – the ability to maximise impact through digital channels.
• Experience of WordPress, Hootsuite, Canva, Mailchimp or similar equivalents, and ability to learn new
• An eye for design – an appreciation for consistent and beautiful branding.
• Understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) and ability to incorporate SEO best practice as part
of SIS’s digital presence.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Unfailing attention to detail.
• Occasional travel to other locations to support SIS activities (when restrictions allow).
• Ability to manage and organise a busy workload.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Click here for the full Communications Assistant role profile.
At SIS we use a blind selection process via our partners at Be Applied. Click here for full details on how to apply.
Closing Date – February 7th.
Interviews are currently scheduled for the 17th and 18th of February.
Thank you for your interest in Social Investment Scotland. You can find details of our current opportunities above. You can also view our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants here.