Top 5 reasons to apply to the Retail Academy
There are many reasons to apply for the SIS Retail Academy but here’s our top 5 on why you should apply now!
1) You’ll meet the experts:
As part of our cohort, you will have access to world-class industry experts. They will be giving masterclasses and providing resources so that YOU can apply their knowledge and experience to YOUR situation. You will also have the opportunity to ask them questions to increase your knowledge and apply to your future business planning.The experts include:
- Margaret McSorley Walker – Trends Expert (worked with Marks and Spencer and McCain)
- Jamie Jefferson – Co-Founder and CCO of award-winning design agency Equator (Clients include Macallan and Baxters)
- Andrew Miles Davis – Digital Marketing Expert (worked with KPMG and Tesco)
- Bob Keiller (ex Wood Group CEO – now Business Advisor)
- Frankie Snobel (Founder of the successful cocktail company Tipplesworth – now owned by Diageo)
2) You’ll get the chance to pitch for retail space:
You will also have the opportunity to pitch for retail opportunities with buyers, including Asda, and for retail space at the new Barclays Glasgow Campus at Tradeston in central Glasgow. This opportunity for Retail Academy delegates will take place at a later date but stay tuned for more details!
3) It’s FREE for the Scottish social enterprises (and there’s a nominal fee for those based outside Scotland):
The SIS Retail Academy is kindly supported by the Scottish Government and Asda and is completely free for social enterprises and entrepreneurs based in Scotland. Organisations outside Scotland must pay a small fee of £100+VAT for the week (that’s £20 per day!).
4) You’ll become SIS Retail Academy alumni:
Once the SIS Retail Academy ends, you will become part of our esteemed alumni! Our alumni include Brewgooder, The Blankfaces and Heroes Drinks. They are part of our alumni network and are often first to hear about upcoming SIS events and online workshops.
5) You’ll bond with other social enterprises in your cohort:
When you join the cohort, you will get to know your fellow members quickly via Zoom and Slack. Other attendees are likely to be on a similar journey as you and facing the same challenges. They are also likely to be a source of support to you long after the SIS Retail Academy has ended. Previous cohorts are still in touch with each other, supporting each other on, and sharing cross-promotional opportunities.