Edinburgh Food Festival: Social Enterprise Opportunities
Successful social enterprises can make sales and exhibit, or showcase their offering during demonstrations, at the Edinburgh Food Festival; which has been going since 2015 and welcomed over 35,000 visitors in 2019.
We’ve coordinated this opportunity to raise the profile of social enterprise in a mainstream environment, offering enterprises the opportunity to sell their products, showcase their offering and impact, and highlight social alternatives to the general public. The Edinburgh Food Festival offers a platform to present your work in a variety of formats, including Events, Demonstrations, Workshops, Market Stalls & Street Food. The Festival is a great opportunity to develop your brand, raise awareness of your cause and make lasting connections within the community.
For the chance to take part, please fill out the short expression of interest form by midnight on Tuesday 25th February.
Successful applicants will attend a Meet the Organiser event on the 4th of March where you will share what your social enterprise and product/service is all about in a casual pitch format. Following this, should you be successful, you can exhibit or do a demonstration at the Edinburgh Food Festival taking place between the 24th July and 2nd August.
The partnership between SIS, The University of Edinburgh and Assembly means that we will be able to support enterprises secure a place this year’s Edinburgh Food Festival, with funds available to secure and support a stand. Please note, commission may apply.
This scheme is suited to any Food & Drink business with strong history of social impact, to share your work with the world!
Best of luck!
Organisations should fall within the following descriptions:
- Be a social enterprise and/or charity
- Have a food or drink product to sell OR food or drink service which you can demonstrate or teach
- Be aware sales commission may apply
- Be available for the Meet the Organiser event on the 4th of March
- Be available to take part in the Food Festival between 24th July and 2nd August
Express Your Interest:
- Fill in the expression of interest form (here) by midnight on Tuesday 25th February
- Following this, our team may contact you to gather further information
- If successful at this stage, you will attend the Meet the Organiser event on the 4th of March, where you can tell SIS, The University of Edinburgh, Assembly and The Edinburgh Food Festival about your social enterprise and products in a casual pitch environment
- If you have any questions, please email Stephanie@socialinvestmentscotland.com
- Following the Meet the Organiser event, you will hear whether you’ve been successful by the 27th of March
Interested? Fill in the expression of interest form here.
Deadline: midnight, Tuesday 25th February