Scale Up Challenge 2019
Are you ready to scale your activities and impact?
Scale Up Challenge, assisted by £3 million of social investment loan funding, will provide a small number of organisations from across Scotland with tailored support and access to an Assist Grant, to help them achieve their growth aspirations.
This Challenge is aimed at larger, more established and ambitious organisations that are looking to scale their activities in a more significant way. These organisations are likely to have a well-developed financial income mix and plans for significant growth. These organisations are looking for social investment support in the range of £100,000 – £1 million.
Not investment ready? Don’t worry, our business support is designed to set you up for success, including the ability to take on investment. Our team are here to help at every step of the journey.
All Expressions of Interest online forms need to be submitted by midnight on Thursday 22 August 2019.
If successful, you will benefit from a tailored business support programme. Based on an initial online diagnostic assessment (which is also part of the application process) and discussions with key staff and/or board members, a business support action plan will be agreed. At this stage, we envisage the support being a mix of some and/or all of:
- Nationally led and local support; through existing support networks and services
- Engaging experts and specialists where required, using the Assist Grant fund to secure third party expertise for organisations who are looking to secure first time social investment
- Expert feedback and guidance from the Social Investment Scotland team on growth focused business plans and related financial projections; and support to develop social impact practices and communications
- Tailored support from a Social Investment Scotland Investment Manager to bring an organisation to investment readiness stage
- Funded coaching for a key leader within their organisation to support them in achieving their goals
- Funded visits to learn from relevant Scotland based sector leading organisations
- Organisations should fall within all the following descriptions:
1. Be a social enterprise and/ or charity based in Scotland
2. Have the ambition and potential to grow their social impact
3. Be looking to secure social investment loan finance
Interested? Read the full Guidance Document here.
You can also find a sample Expression of Interest Form here.