ASDA Community Capital
ASDA Community Capital reopens for applications from 1st February 2016 and will remain open throughout the year as funds allow. The fund is designed to support early stage social enterprises looking to access social investment for the first time. Using money raised through the Plastic Bag tax introduced in Scotland in October 2014, the fund aims to support social enterprises to make the step change they need to increase their social impact and/or financial sustainability.
ASDA Community Capital has been specifically designed with affordability and flexibility in mind.
- Loans range from £10k to £50k with no penalty for partial or full early repayment
- Repayable over a maximum of 6 years.
- No interest charged or accrued in Year 1.
- No repayments in Year 1 (Interest and capital repayments start from Year 2)
- No security required
- No Arrangement fee.
Further details are available here.
Update: In order to support as many eligible organisations as possible, we are actively encouraging applications for organisations looking to borrow between £10-25k. Get in touch with us to find out more.
All Purpose Loan
Repayable up to a maximum of 13 years, our All Purpose Loan has a fixed interest rate and capital payments so you know exactly what your organisation is required to pay each month
- Ideal for assisting with capital expenditure, revenue funding, marketing, business development or working capital
- Loans range from £10,000 to £1,000,000 with no penalty for partial or full early repayment
- Can be used to underwrite a community share offer.
Social Growth Fund
SIS is delighted to offer new, flexible and significant funding opportunities thanks to the creation of our Social Growth Fund. This new, "risk or "patient" capital is a unique offering in the social investment space
- Repayable over a maximum of 13 years, the Social Growth Fund provides an organisation with the option of planning their repayment schedule to fit their capital and cashflow needs
- Loans range from £100k to £1,000,000 with no penalty for partial or full early repayment
- Fixed interest rates
Used to cover timing issues for receipt of approved grant monies to enable your project to proceed when the secured grant funding is being paid in arrears
- Short term finance provided at short notice, for period of up to 2 years
- Loans from £10,000 to £250,000 with no security normally required
SIS/Triodos Property Loan
Working in partnership with Triodos Bank we provide term loans up to a maximum 13 years (see note 1). Ideal for assisting with all types of property purchase, refurbishments or major capital spends Triodos provide up to 70% Loan To Value or purchase price (whichever is the lower) and SIS can provide up to the remaining 30% of the loan even if you don't have any equity
- SIS Loans range from £30,000 to £1,000,000 depending on percentage split
1. Triodos can provide loans for up to 25 years.
2. Triodos interest rates and fees to be agreed by them.
3. Tridos arrangement fee subject to circumstances.
Visit our case studies page to see how some of our customers have benefited from SIS loans.