We provide funding for social enterprises and community groups in the form of business loans.
We can provide your social business with funding to use for working capital, growth or acquisition, to purchase or refurbish properties, equipment and other capital expenditure.
Unlike Third Sector grants, our funds are designed to be flexible so that you can continue doing the great work you do, instead of working to the demands of funders.
Why choose SIS
As a charity and social enterprise in our own right, our role is to help those organisations which are unable to secure finance from banks and other sources.
All loans are fully repayable with the finance being recycled to provide additional finance to help more Scottish organisations deliver their projects and sustainable social impacts.
Suitable for a Loan
- You are based and operate in Scotland or deliver social impact in Scotland
- You operate within the Scottish Third Sector i.e. charities, community and voluntary organisations, non-profits, social enterprises and community interest companies.
- Your profits are reinvested for community benefit
- Your organisation is allowed to borrow under its constitution
How to Apply
Have a look at some of the funds we currently have available. we don’t have application forms, so just pick up the phone and talk to us and we’ll look to find a way to match your needs with our investments. call us today on 0131 558 7706.
To help us work things out we would ideally like to see your business plan, last three years annual accounts, more up to date management accounts and any cash flow forecasts/projections. But don't worry if you don't have any of these at this stage or are looking for finance for a new project as we can discuss this with you as things progress.
Tel: 0131 558 7706
What happens next?
- You will be allocated an investment manager who will chat through your plans in more detail
- If happy to proceed, they will take your investment proposal to our credit panel for approval
- We will provide you with full details of the terms and conditions of the loan and you will receive legal facility documentation to be signed. Our solicitors will be instructed if there is any security to be taken.
- You will then be sent a list of various documents that needs to be provided
- Then upon receipt of the signed facility letters, other required documents and legal sign off, we will provide your loan by BACS transfer.