Social Investment Scotland (SIS) provides business loans and support to third sector organisations across Scotland.
Why choose SIS
As a charity and social enterprise in our own right, our role is to help those organisations which are unable to secure finance from banks and other sources.
All loans are fully repayable with the finance being recycled to provide additional finance to help more Scottish organisations deliver their projects and sustainable social impacts.
Suitable for a Loan
- You are based and operate in Scotland
- You operate within the Scottish Third Sector i.e. charities, community and voluntary organisations, non-profits and social enterprises.
- Your profits are reinvested for community benefit
- Your organisation is allowed to borrow under its constitution
How to Apply
A member of our investment team will work with you to put together the most suitable finance package. To help us work things out we would ideally like to see your business plan, last three years annual accounts, more up to date management accounts and any cash flow forecasts/projections. But don't worry if you don't have any of these at this stage or are looking for finance for a new project as we can discuss this with you as things progress.
How to...? What if...?
We understand that there are many questions on your mind. We have put together Simple Steps to Social Investment as an initial guide to social funding.
Tel: 0131 558 7706
What happens next?
- You will be allocated an investment manager who will chat through your plans in more detail
- If happy to proceed, they will take your investment proposal to our credit panel for approval
- We will provide you with full details of the terms and conditions of the loan and you will receive legal facility documentation to be signed. Our solicitors will be instructed if there is any security to be taken.
- You will then be sent a list of various documents that needs to be provided
- Then upon receipt of the signed facility letters, other required documents and legal sign off, we will provide your loan by BACS transfer.